2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
General - Continued
Article 55.5 - Outfitters and Guides
§ 12-55.5-102. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Compensation" means making, or attempting to make, a profit, salary, or increase in business or financial standing, or supporting any part of other programs or activities, to include receiving fees, charges, dues, service swaps, or something which is not strictly a sharing of actual expenses incurred from amounts received from or for outfitting services rendered or to be rendered.
(1.5) "Consultant" means a person who is hired by the director to assist in any investigation initiated under this article or any member of an advisory committee appointed pursuant to section 12-55.5-111.
(2) "Director" means the director of the division of professions and occupations in the department of regulatory agencies.
(3) "Division" means the division of professions and occupations in the department of regulatory agencies.
(3.5) "Entity" means an entity authorized by Colorado law to conduct business, including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited liability company.
(4) "Guide" means any individual who:
(a) Accompanies an outfitter's client to assist the client in the taking or attempted taking of wildlife; and
(I) Is employed for compensation by an outfitter; or
(II) Has independently contracted with an outfitter.
(5) "Outfitter" means a person soliciting to provide or providing, for compensation, outfitting services for the purpose of hunting or fishing on land that the person does not own.
(5.5) "Outfitting services" means providing transportation of individuals, equipment, supplies, or wildlife by means of vehicle, vessel, or pack animal, facilities including but not limited to tents, cabins, camp gear, food, or similar supplies, equipment, or accommodations, and guiding, leading, packing, protecting, supervising, instructing, or training persons or groups of persons in the take or attempted take of wildlife.
(6) "Peace officer" means a peace officer as described in section 16-2.5-101, C.R.S.
(7) (Deleted by amendment, L. 2004, p. 340, § 14, effective July 1, 2004.)
(8) "Person" means an individual or entity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.