2021 California Code
Probate Code - PROB
DIVISION 4 - GUARDIANSHIP, CONSERVATORSHIP, AND OTHER PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS
PART 1 - DEFINITIONS AND GENERAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 3 - Notices
(a) Subject to Sections 1202 and 1203, if notice of hearing is required under this division but the applicable provision does not fix the manner of giving notice of hearing, the notice of the time and place of the hearing shall be given at least 15 days before the day of the hearing as provided in this section.
(b) Subject to subdivision (e), the petitioner, who includes, for purposes of this section, a person filing a petition, report, or account, shall cause the notice of hearing to be delivered pursuant to Section 1215, to each of the following persons:
(1) The guardian or conservator.
(2) The ward or the conservatee.
(3) The spouse of the ward or conservatee, if the ward or conservatee has a spouse, or the domestic partner of the conservatee, if the conservatee has a domestic partner.
(4) Any person who has requested special notice of the matter, as provided in Section 2700.
(5) For any hearing on a petition to terminate a guardianship, to accept the resignation of a guardian, or to remove a guardian, the persons described in subdivision (c) of Section 1510.
(6) For any hearing to consider terminating a conservatorship, to accept the resignation of a conservator, or to remove a conservator, the persons described in subdivision (b) of Section 1821.
(c) The clerk of the court shall cause the notice of the hearing to be posted as provided in Section 1230 if the posting is required by subdivision (c) of Section 2543.
(d) Except as provided in subdivision (e), this section does not excuse compliance with the requirements for notice to a person who has requested special notice pursuant to Chapter 10 (commencing with Section 2700) of Part 4.
(e) The court, for good cause, may dispense with the notice otherwise required to be given to a person as provided in this section.
(Amended by Stats. 2021, Ch. 417, Sec. 5. (AB 1194) Effective January 1, 2022.)