2020 California Code
Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC
DIVISION 4.5 - SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED
CHAPTER 6 - Development and Support of Community Facilities and Programs
ARTICLE 3 - Rates of Payment for Community Living Facilities
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, for the 1998–99 fiscal year, the rate schedule increased pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 4681.3 shall be increased by an additional amount on January 1, 1999, based upon the amount appropriated in the Budget Act of 1998 for that purpose. The rate increase permitted by this section shall be applied as a percentage, and the percentage shall be the same for all providers.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, for the 1999–2000 fiscal year, the rate schedule authorized by the department in operation on December 31, 1999, shall be increased on January 1, 2000, based upon the amount appropriated in the Budget Act of 1999 for that purpose. The rate increase permitted by this section shall be applied as a percentage and the percentage shall be the same for all providers.
(c) In order to help reduce direct care staff turnover and improve overall quality of care in Alternative Residential Model (ARM) facilities, funds appropriated by the Budget Act of 1998 and the Budget Act of 1999 to increase facility rates effective January 1, 1999, excluding any additional funds appropriated due to increases in benefits under Article 5 (commencing with Section 12200) of Chapter 3 of Part 3 of Division 9, and January 1, 2000, respectively, shall be used only for any of the following:
(1) Increasing direct care staff salaries, wages, and benefits.
(2) Providing coverage while direct care staff are in training classes or taking a training or competency test pursuant to Section 4681.5.
(3) Other purposes approved by the director.
(d) ARM providers shall report to regional centers, in a format and frequency determined by the department, information necessary for the department to determine, through the regional center, compliance with subdivision (c), including, but not limited to, direct care staff salaries, wages, benefits, and staff turnover.
(e) The department shall adopt emergency regulations in order to implement this section, which shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) A process for enforcing the requirements of subdivisions (c) and (d).
(2) Consequences to an ARM provider for failing to comply with the requirements of subdivisions (c) and (d), including a process for obtaining approval from the director for the expenditure of funds for other purposes, as permitted by paragraph (3) of subdivision (c).
(3) A process for adjudicating provider appeals.
(Added by Stats. 1998, Ch. 310, Sec. 39. Effective August 19, 1998.)