2020 California Code
Probate Code - PROB
DIVISION 2 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
PART 15 - DEPOSIT OF ESTATE PLANNING DOCUMENTS WITH ATTORNEY
CHAPTER 3 - Termination of Deposit
ARTICLE 2 - Termination by Attorney
(a) An attorney transferring one or more documents under Section 732 shall deliver notice pursuant to Section 1215 of the transfer to the State Bar of California. The notice shall contain all of the following information:
(1) The name of the depositor.
(2) The date of the transfer.
(3) The name, address, and State Bar number of the transferring attorney.
(4) Whether any documents are transferred to an attorney, and the name, address, and State Bar number of the attorney to whom the documents are transferred.
(5) Whether any documents are transferred to a superior court clerk.
(b) The State Bar shall record only one notice of transfer for each transferring attorney. The State Bar shall prescribe the form for the notice of transfer. On request by any person, the State Bar shall give that person information in the notice of transfer. At its sole election, the State Bar may give the information orally or in writing.
(Amended by Stats. 2017, Ch. 319, Sec. 12. (AB 976) Effective January 1, 2018.)