2020 California Code
Business and Professions Code - BPC
CHAPTER 5 - Buildings of the Department
Section 401.


When there is money in the fund of any board or commission comprising the Department of Consumer Affairs or subject to its jurisdiction, which money, the Director of Consumer Affairs finds, is not required to meet any demand which has accrued or may accrue against the fund, the Controller, upon executive order of the Director of Finance, shall transfer the sum designated by the Director of Consumer Affairs from the fund of the board or commission to the Consumer Affairs Fund to be used for the purposes of this chapter.

No money may be taken from the fund of any board or commission when it will interfere with the administrative duties imposed upon the board or commission. The unencumbered, unexpended money in the fund of any board in division number one of the department shall never be reduced to less than twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) by any transfer ordered by the Director of Consumer Affairs under this chapter.

(Amended by Stats. 1971, Ch. 716.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.