2019 California Code
Code of Civil Procedure - CCP
PART 2 - OF CIVIL ACTIONS
TITLE 10 - ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
CHAPTER 1 - Actions for the Foreclosure of Mortgages
(a) A person who seeks to redeem the property shall deposit the redemption price with the levying officer who conducted the sale before the expiration of the redemption period. If a successor in interest to the judgment debtor seeks to redeem the property, the successor in interest shall, at the time the redemption price is deposited, file with the levying officer either (1) a certified copy of a recorded conveyance or (2) a copy of an assignment or any other evidence of the interest verified by an affidavit of the successor in interest or of a subscribing witness thereto.
(b) The redemption price is the total of the following amounts, less any offset allowed under subdivision (c).
(1) The purchase price at the sale.
(2) The amount of any assessments or taxes and reasonable amounts for fire insurance, maintenance, upkeep, and repair of improvements on the property.
(3) Any amount paid by the purchaser on a prior obligation secured by the property to the extent that the payment was necessary for the protection of the purchaser’s interest.
(4) Interest on the amounts described in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) at the rate of interest on money judgments from the time such amount was paid until the date the deposit is made.
(5) If the purchaser at the sale has any liens subordinate to the lien under which the property was sold, the amount of the purchaser’s lien, plus interest at the rate of interest on money judgments from the date of the sale until the date the deposit is made.
(c) Rents and profits from the property paid to the purchaser or the value of the use and occupation of the property to the purchaser may be offset against the amounts described in subdivision (b).
(Amended by Stats. 1984, Ch. 538, Sec. 32.5.)