2018 California Code
Family Code - FAM
DIVISION 9 - SUPPORT
PART 2 - CHILD SUPPORT
CHAPTER 2 - Court-Ordered Child Support
ARTICLE 2 - Statewide Uniform Guideline
(a) To comply with federal law, the court shall state, in writing or on the record, the following information whenever the court is ordering an amount for support that differs from the statewide uniform guideline formula amount under this article:
(1) The amount of support that would have been ordered under the guideline formula.
(2) The reasons the amount of support ordered differs from the guideline formula amount.
(3) The reasons the amount of support ordered is consistent with the best interests of the children.
(b) At the request of any party, the court shall state in writing or on the record the following information used in determining the guideline amount under this article:
(1) The net monthly disposable income of each parent.
(2) The actual federal income tax filing status of each parent (for example, single, married, married filing separately, or head of household and number of exemptions).
(3) Deductions from gross income for each parent.
(4) The approximate percentage of time pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 4055 that each parent has primary physical responsibility for the children compared to the other parent.
(Amended (as added by Stats. 1993, Ch. 219, Sec. 138) by Stats. 1993, Ch. 1156, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 1994.)