2018 California Code
Family Code - FAM
DIVISION 9 - SUPPORT
PART 1 - DEFINITIONS AND GENERAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 5 - Expedited Child Support Order
(a) Subject to Section 3625, an expedited support order becomes effective 30 days after service on the obligated parent of all of the following:
(1) The application for an expedited child support order.
(2) The proposed expedited child support order, which shall include a notice of consequences of failure to file a response.
(3) The completed income and expense declaration for both parents.
(4) A worksheet setting forth the basis of the amount of support requested.
(5) Three blank copies of the income and expense declaration form.
(6) Three blank copies of the response to an application for expedited child support order and notice of hearing form.
(b) Service on the obligated parent of the application and other required documents as set forth in subdivision (a) shall be by personal service or by any method available under Sections 415.10 to 415.40, inclusive, of the Code of Civil Procedure.
(c) Unless there is a response to the application for an expedited support order as provided in Section 3625, the expedited support order shall be effective on the obligated parent without further action by the court.
(Enacted by Stats. 1992, Ch. 162, Sec. 10. Operative January 1, 1994.)