2018 California Code
Corporations Code - CORP
TITLE 1 - CORPORATIONS
DIVISION 1 - GENERAL CORPORATION LAW
CHAPTER 15 - Records and Reports
(a) In addition to the statement required pursuant to Section 1502, every publicly traded corporation shall file annually, within 150 days after the end of its fiscal year, a statement, on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State, that includes all of the following information:
(1) The name of the independent auditor that prepared the most recent auditor’s report on the corporation’s annual financial statements.
(2) A description of other services, if any, performed for the corporation during its two most recent fiscal years and the period between the end of its most recent fiscal year and the date of the statement by the foregoing independent auditor, by its parent corporation, or by a subsidiary or corporate affiliate of the independent auditor or its parent corporation.
(3) The name of the independent auditor employed by the corporation on the date of the statement, if different from the independent auditor listed pursuant to paragraph (1).
(4) The compensation for the most recent fiscal year of the corporation paid to each member of the board of directors and paid to each of the five most highly compensated executive officers of the corporation who are not members of the board of directors, including the number of any shares issued, options for shares granted, and similar equity-based compensation granted to each of those persons. If the chief executive officer is not among the five most highly compensated executive officers of the corporation, the compensation paid to the chief executive officer shall also be included.
(5) A description of any loan, including the amount and terms of the loan, made to any member of the board of directors by the corporation during the corporation’s two most recent fiscal years at an interest rate lower than the interest rate available from unaffiliated commercial lenders generally to a similarly-situated borrower.
(6) A statement indicating whether an order for relief has been entered in a bankruptcy case with respect to the corporation, its executive officers, or members of the board of directors of the corporation during the 10 years preceding the date of the statement.
(7) A statement indicating whether any member of the board of directors or executive officer of the corporation was convicted of fraud during the 10 years preceding the date of the statement, if the conviction has not been overturned or expunged.
(8) A description of any material pending legal proceedings, other than ordinary routine litigation incidental to the business, to which the corporation or any of its subsidiaries is a party or of which any of their property is the subject, as specified by Item 103 of Regulation S-K of the Securities Exchange Commission (Section 229.103 of Title 12 of the Code of Federal Regulations). A description of any material legal proceeding during which the corporation was found legally liable by entry of a final judgment or final order that was not overturned on appeal during the five years preceding the date of the statement.
(b) For purposes of this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Publicly traded corporation” means a corporation, as defined in Section 162, that is an issuer as defined in Section 3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (15 U.S.C. Sec. 78c), and has at least one class of securities listed or admitted for trading on a national securities exchange, on the OTC Bulletin Board, or on the electronic service operated by Pink OTC Markets Inc.
(2) “Executive officer” means the chief executive officer, president, any vice president in charge of a principal business unit, division, or function, any other officer of the corporation who performs a policymaking function, or any other person who performs similar policymaking functions for the corporation.
(3) “Compensation” as used in paragraph (4) of subdivision (a) means all plan and nonplan compensation awarded to, earned by, or paid to the person for all services rendered in all capacities to the corporation and to its subsidiaries, as the compensation is specified by Item 402 of Regulation S-K of the Securities and Exchange Commission (Section 229.402 of Title 17 of the Code of Federal Regulations).
(4) “Loan” as used in paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) excludes an advance for expenses permitted under subdivision (d) of Section 315, the corporation’s payment of life insurance premiums permitted under subdivision (e) of Section 315, and an advance of expenses permitted under Section 317.
(c) This statement shall be available and open to the public for inspection. The Secretary of State shall provide access to all information contained in this statement by means of an online database.
(d) A corporation shall certify that the information it provides pursuant to this section is true and correct. No claim may be made against the state for inaccurate information contained in statements filed under this section with the Secretary of State.
(Amended by Stats. 2009, Ch. 131, Sec. 5. (AB 991) Effective January 1, 2010.)