2018 California Code
Civil Code - CIV
DIVISION 4 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
PART 6 - WORKS OF IMPROVEMENT
TITLE 1 - WORKS OF IMPROVEMENT GENERALLY
CHAPTER 2 - Notice
(a) Notice under this part shall, in addition to any other information required by statute for that type of notice, include all of the following information to the extent known to the person giving the notice:
(1) The name and address of the owner or reputed owner.
(2) The name and address of the direct contractor.
(3) The name and address of the construction lender, if any.
(4) A description of the site sufficient for identification, including the street address of the site, if any. If a sufficient legal description of the site is given, the effectiveness of the notice is not affected by the fact that the street address is erroneous or is omitted.
(5) The name, address, and relationship to the parties of the person giving the notice.
(6) If the person giving the notice is a claimant:
(A) A general statement of the work provided.
(B) The name of the person to or for whom the work is provided.
(C) A statement or estimate of the claimant’s demand, if any, after deducting all just credits and offsets.
(b) Notice is not invalid by reason of any variance from the requirements of this section if the notice is sufficient to substantially inform the person given notice of the information required by this section and other information required in the notice.
(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 697, Sec. 20. (SB 189) Effective January 1, 2011. Operative July 1, 2012, by Sec. 105 of Ch. 697 and by Section 8052.)