2018 California Code
Code of Civil Procedure - CCP
PART 3 - OF SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS OF A CIVIL NATURE
TITLE 11 - MONEY JUDGMENTS OF OTHER JURISDICTIONS
CHAPTER 1 - Sister State Money Judgments
(a) A judgment creditor may apply for the entry of a judgment based on a sister state judgment by filing an application pursuant to Section 1710.20.
(b) The application shall be executed under oath and shall include all of the following:
(1) A statement that an action in this state on the sister state judgment is not barred by the applicable statute of limitations.
(2) A statement, based on the applicant’s information and belief, that no stay of enforcement of the sister state judgment is currently in effect in the sister state.
(3) A statement of the amount remaining unpaid under the sister state judgment and, if accrued interest on the sister state judgment is to be included in the California judgment, a statement of the amount of interest accrued on the sister state judgment (computed at the rate of interest applicable to the judgment under the law of the sister state), a statement of the rate of interest applicable to the judgment under the law of the sister state, and a citation to the law of the sister state establishing the rate of interest.
(4) A statement that no action based on the sister state judgment is currently pending in any court in this state and that no judgment based on the sister state judgment has previously been entered in any proceeding in this state.
(5) Where the judgment debtor is an individual, a statement setting forth the name and last known residence address of the judgment debtor. Where the judgment debtor is a corporation, a statement of the corporation’s name, place of incorporation, and whether the corporation, if foreign, has qualified to do business in this state under the provisions of Chapter 21 (commencing with Section 2100) of Division 1 of Title 1 of the Corporations Code. Where the judgment debtor is a partnership, a statement of the name of the partnership, whether it is a foreign partnership, and, if it is a foreign partnership, whether it has filed a statement pursuant to Section 15800 of the Corporations Code designating an agent for service of process. Except for facts which are matters of public record in this state, the statements required by this paragraph may be made on the basis of the judgment creditor’s information and belief.
(6) A statement setting forth the name and address of the judgment creditor.
(c) A properly authenticated copy of the sister state judgment shall be attached to the application.
(Amended by Stats. 1985, Ch. 106, Sec. 11.)