2017 California Code
Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC
DIVISION 5 - COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
PART 3.9 - The No Place Like Home Program
(a) The sum of six million two hundred thousand dollars ($6,200,000) is hereby appropriated from the Mental Health Services Fund to the department to provide technical and application preparation assistance to counties.
(b) Eligible use of technical and application preparation assistance shall include, but is not limited to, assistance in performing one or more of the following activities:
(1) Applying for program funds.
(2) Implementing activities funded by moneys distributed pursuant to this part, including the development of supportive housing for the target population.
(3) Coordinating funded activities with local homelessness systems, including coordinated access systems developed pursuant to Section 578.7(a)(8) of Title 24 of the Code of Federal Regulations, as that section read on May 1, 2016.
(4) Delivering a range of supportive services to tenants.
(5) Collecting data, evaluating program activities, and sharing data among multiple systems, such as the Mental Health Services Act, enacted by Proposition 63 at the November 2, 2004, statewide general election, the Medi-Cal Act (Chapter 7 (commencing with Section 14000) of Part 3 of Division 9) and implementing regulations, and homelessness systems.
(c) The department shall provide funds to a county upon application as follows:
(1) To a large county and to the County of Los Angeles, the department shall provide one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000).
(2) To a medium county, the department shall provide one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000).
(3) To a small county, the department shall provide seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000).
(d) If a county does not expend the moneys allocated pursuant to subdivision (c) by June 30, 2020, those moneys shall be used to augment the funding pursuant to subdivision (e).
(e) The department may contract for expert technical assistance and application preparation assistance. The department shall deploy such assistance to counties based upon a process to be defined in guidelines.
(f) The department may establish a unit for the purpose of providing technical assistance to counties.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 43, Sec. 5. (AB 1618) Effective July 1, 2016.)