2017 California Code
Unemployment Insurance Code - UIC
DIVISION 1 - UNEMPLOYMENT AND DISABILITY COMPENSATION
PART 2 - DISABILITY COMPENSATION
CHAPTER 7 - Paid Family Leave
(a) The director may request additional medical evidence to supplement the first or any continued claim if the additional evidence can be procured without additional cost to the care recipient. The director may require that the additional evidence include any or all of the following information:
(1) Identification of diagnoses.
(2) Identification of symptoms.
(3) A statement setting forth the facts of the care recipient’s serious health condition that warrants the participation of the employee. The statement shall be completed by any of the following people:
(A) The physician or practitioner treating the care recipient.
(B) The registrar, authorized medical officer, or other duly authorized official of the hospital or health facility treating the care recipient.
(C) An examining physician or other representative of the department.
(b) Except as provided in Section 2709, the director may require the care recipient to submit to reasonable examinations for the purpose of determining all of the following:
(1) Whether a serious health condition exists.
(2) Whether a care provider’s participation is warranted.
(3) The period of time that the care provider’s participation is warranted.
(Added by Stats. 2003, Ch. 797, Sec. 27. Effective January 1, 2004. Benefits payable on or after July 1, 2004, as prescribed by Sec. 28 of Ch. 797.)