2017 California Code
Streets and Highways Code - SHC
CHAPTER 2 - Improvements Authorized
Section 10100.6.


Following the levy of an assessment pursuant to this division to pay, in whole or in part, the costs and expenses of works, system or facilities authorized by subsection (a) of Section 10100.5 or subsection (a) of Section 5101.5 upon a district benefited thereby, and annually on or before June 30th, the legislative body may prepare and approve an estimate of the expenditures required during the ensuing fiscal year for the maintenance, operation, repair and improvement of such works, system or facilities and shall deduct from such estimate the amount of revenues, if any, which the legislative body estimates will accrue during such year from the operation of such works, system or facilities and will be available to pay costs of such maintenance, operation, repair and improvement.

The legislative body may levy and collect in any year upon and against all of the taxable land and improvements within such district a special ad valorem assessment sufficient to raise a sum of money not exceeding the net amount thus determined but the rate of assessment in any one year shall not exceed twenty-five cents ($0.25) on each one hundred dollars ($100) assessed value as shown on the assessment roll used by the city for city taxation.

The special ad valorem assessment shall be levied, collected and enforced at the same times, in the same manner, by the same officers, and with the same interest and penalties, as in the case of general taxes levied by the city. The proceeds of the assessment shall be placed in a separate fund of the city and shall be expended only for the maintenance, operation, repair or improvement of such works, system or facilities.

(Added by Stats. 1963, Ch. 893.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.