2016 California Code
Penal Code - PEN
PART 4 - PREVENTION OF CRIMES AND APPREHENSION OF CRIMINALS
TITLE 10 - COMMUNITY VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
14119. (a) The Office of Emergency Services shall promote, organize, and conduct a series of one-day crime and violence prevention training workshops around the state. The Office of Emergency Services shall seek participation in the workshops from ethnically, linguistically, culturally, educationally, and economically diverse persons, agencies, organizations, and institutions.
(b) The training workshops shall have all of the following goals:
(1) To identify phenomena which are thought to be root causes of crime and violence.
(2) To identify local manifestations of those root causes.
(3) To examine the findings and recommendations of the California Commission on Crime Control and Violence Prevention.
(4) To focus on team building and interagency cooperation and coordination toward addressing the local problems of crime and violence.
(5) To examine the merits and necessity of a local crime and violence prevention effort.
(c) There shall be at least three workshops.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 352, Sec. 469. Effective September 26, 2013. Operative July 1, 2013, by Sec. 543 of Ch. 352.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.