2016 California Code
Penal Code - PEN
PART 4 - PREVENTION OF CRIMES AND APPREHENSION OF CRIMINALS
TITLE 10 - COMMUNITY VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
14117. (a) Each program shall have a governing board or an interagency coordinating team, or both, of at least nine members representing a cross section of existing and recipient, community-based, public and private persons, programs, agencies, organizations, and institutions. Each team shall do all of the following:
(1) As closely as possible represent the socioeconomic, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural makeup of the community and shall evidence an interest in and commitment to the categorical areas of violence prevention and conflict resolution.
(2) Be responsible for the implementation, evaluation, and operation of the program and all its constituent elements, including those specific direct services as may be provided pursuant to Section 14115.
(3) Be accountable for the distribution of all funds.
(4) Designate and appoint a responsible administrative authority acceptable to the Office of Emergency Services prior to the receipt of a grant.
(5) Submit an annual report to the Office of Emergency Services, which shall include information on all of the following:
(A) The number of learning events.
(B) The number of persons trained.
(C) An overview of the changing level of information regarding root causes of violence.
(D) An overview of the changing level of attitude regarding root causes of violence.
(E) The changing level of behavior regarding root causes of violence.
(F) The degree to which the program has been successful in satisfying the requirements set forth in subdivisions (e) and (f) of Section 14114.
(G) Other measures of program efficacy as specified by the Office of Emergency Services.
(b) Coordinating teams established under this section may adopt local policies, procedures, and bylaws consistent with this title.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 352, Sec. 467. Effective September 26, 2013. Operative July 1, 2013, by Sec. 543 of Ch. 352.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.