2016 California Code
Penal Code - PEN
PART 4 - PREVENTION OF CRIMES AND APPREHENSION OF CRIMINALS
TITLE 10 - COMMUNITY VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
14114. (a) First priority shall be given to programs that provide community education, outreach, and coordination, and include creative and effective ways to translate the recommendations of the California Commission on Crime Control and Violence Prevention into practical use in one or more of the following subject areas:
(1) Parenting, birthing, early childhood development, self-esteem, and family violence, to include child, spousal, and elderly abuse.
(2) Economic factors and institutional racism.
(3) Schools and educational factors.
(4) Alcohol, diet, drugs, and other biochemical and biological factors.
(5) Conflict resolution.
(6) The media.
(b) At least three of the programs shall do all of the following:
(1) Use the recommendations of the California Commission on Crime Control and Violence Prevention and incorporate as many of those recommendations as possible into its program.
(2) Develop an intensive community-level educational program directed toward violence prevention. This educational component shall incorporate the commission s works Ounces of Prevention and Taking Root, and shall be designed appropriately to reach the educational, ethnic, and socioeconomic individuals, groups, agencies, and institutions in the community.
(3) Include the imparting of conflict resolution skills.
(4) Coordinate with existing community-based, public and private, programs, agencies, organizations, and institutions, local, regional, and statewide public educational systems, criminal and juvenile justice systems, mental and public health agencies, appropriate human service agencies, and churches and religious organizations.
(5) Seek to provide specific resource and referral services to individuals, programs, agencies, organizations, and institutions confronting problems with violence and crime if the service is not otherwise available to the public.
(6) Reach all local ethnic, cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic groups in the service area to the maximum extent feasible.
(Amended by Stats. 2001, Ch. 115, Sec. 33. Effective January 1, 2002.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.