2016 California Code
Health and Safety Code - HSC
DIVISION 104 - ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
PART 7 - CALIFORNIA RETAIL FOOD CODE
CHAPTER 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing of Equipment and Utensils
114099.7. Mechanical sanitization shall be accomplished in the final sanitizing rinse by one of the following:
(a) By being cycled through equipment that is used in accordance with the manufacturer s specifications and achieving a utensil surface temperature of 160 F as measured by an irreversible registering temperature indicator.
(b) The mechanical application of sanitizing chemicals by pressure spraying methods using one of the following solutions:
(1) Contact with a solution of 50 ppm available chlorine for at least 30 seconds.
(2) Contact with a solution of 25 ppm available iodine for at least one minute.
(3) Contact with any chemical sanitizer that meets the requirements of Section 180.940 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations when used in accordance with the following:
(A) The sanitizer manufacturer s use directions as specified on the product label.
(B) The machine manufacturer s specifications as provided in the manufacturer s operating instructions.
(c) After being cleaned and sanitized, equipment and utensils shall not be rinsed before air drying or use unless:
(1) The rinse is applied directly from a potable water supply by a warewashing machine that meets the requirements of subdivision (b) of Section 114130 and is maintained and operated in accordance with the manufacturer s specifications.
(2) The rinse is applied only after the equipment and utensils have been sanitized by the application of hot water or by the application of a chemical sanitizer solution whose United States Environmental Protection Agency-registered, label use instructions require rinsing off the sanitizer after it is applied in an approved commercial warewashing machine.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 556, Sec. 13. Effective January 1, 2014.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.