2016 California Code
Health and Safety Code - HSC
DIVISION 104 - ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
PART 7 - CALIFORNIA RETAIL FOOD CODE
CHAPTER 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing of Equipment and Utensils
114099.6. Manual sanitization shall be accomplished in the final sanitizing rinse by one of the following:
(a) Immersion for at least 30 seconds where the water temperature is maintained at 171 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
(b) The application of sanitizing chemicals by immersion, manual swabbing, or brushing, using one of the following solutions:
(1) Contact with a solution of 100 ppm available chlorine solution for at least 30 seconds.
(2) Contact with a solution of 25 ppm available iodine for at least one minute.
(3) Contact with a solution of 200 ppm quaternary ammonium for at least one minute.
(4) Contact with a solution of ozone that meets the requirements of Section 180.940 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations and that is generated by a device located onsite at the food facility that meets all of the following requirements:
(A) Complies with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (7 U.S.C. Sec. 136 et seq.).
(B) Complies with federal device requirements as specified in Section 152.500 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations, and federal labeling requirements as specified in Section 156.10 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(C) Displays the United States Environmental Protection Agency device manufacturing facility registration number on the device.
(D) Is operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer s instructions, and manufactured using good manufacturing practices as specified in Part 110 of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(5) Contact with any chemical sanitizer that meets the requirements of Section 180.940 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations when used in accordance with the manufacturer s use directions.
(c) Other methods approved by the enforcement agency.
(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 629, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2013.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.