2016 California Code
Family Code - FAM
CHAPTER 3 - Court Declaration of Emancipation
ARTICLE 2 - Procedure for Declaration
Section 7120.

CA Fam Code § 7120 (2016) What's This?

7120. (a) A minor may petition the superior court of the county in which the minor resides or is temporarily domiciled for a declaration of emancipation.

(b) The petition shall set forth with specificity all of the following facts:

(1) The minor is at least 14 years of age.

(2) The minor willingly lives separate and apart from the minor s parents or guardian with the consent or acquiescence of the minor s parents or guardian.

(3) The minor is managing his or her own financial affairs. As evidence of this, the minor shall complete and attach a declaration of income and expenses as provided in Judicial Council form FL-150.

(4) The source of the minor s income is not derived from any activity declared to be a crime by the laws of this state or the laws of the United States.

(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 811, Sec. 3. Effective January 1, 2005.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.