2016 California Code
Business and Professions Code - BPC
DIVISION 3 - PROFESSIONS AND VOCATIONS GENERALLY
CHAPTER 9 - Contractors
ARTICLE 11 - Asbestos Consultants
7185. A person shall qualify as a certified site surveillance technician by meeting all of the following requirements:
(a) Having six months of asbestos-related experience under the supervision of an asbestos consultant.
(b) Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
(c) Possession of a valid federal Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Subchapter II (commencing with Section 2641) of Chapter 53 of Title 15 of the United States Code) certificate for the type of work being performed, or its equivalent, as determined by the division.
(d) Demonstration of proficiency by achieving a passing score, as determined by the division, on an examination approved or administered by the division covering the following subjects:
(1) Physical characteristics of asbestos.
(2) Health effects of asbestos.
(3) Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Division of Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Protection Agency, air quality management districts, and State Department of Health Services regulatory requirements, including protective clothing, respiratory protection, exposure limits, personal hygiene, medical monitoring, and general industry safety hazards.
(4) State-of-the-art asbestos abatement and control work procedures.
(5) Industrial hygiene sampling methodology, including sampling techniques and recordkeeping.
(Added by Stats. 1990, Ch. 1255, Sec. 1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.