2015 California Code
Health and Safety Code - HSC
DIVISION 104 - ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
PART 7 - CALIFORNIA RETAIL FOOD CODE
CHAPTER 13 - Compliance and Enforcement
ARTICLE 5 - HACCP Exemptions
114419. (a) Food facilities may engage in any of the following activities only pursuant to an HACCP plan as specified in Section 114419.1:
(1) Smoking food as a method of food preservation rather than as a method of flavor enhancement.
(2) Curing food.
(3) Using food additives or adding components such as vinegar as a method of food preservation rather than as a method of flavor enhancement, or to render a food so that it is not potentially hazardous.
(4) Operating a molluscan shellfish life support system display tank used to store and display shellfish that are offered for human consumption.
(5) Custom processing animals that are for personal use as food and not for sale or service in a food facility.
(6) Preparing food by another method that is determined by the enforcement agency to require an HACCP plan.
(b) Food facilities may engage in the following only pursuant to an HACCP plan that has been approved by the department:
(1) Using acidification or water activity to prevent the growth of Clostridium botulinum.
(2) Packaging potentially hazardous food using a reduced-oxygen packaging method as specified in Section 114057.1.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 96, Sec. 60. Effective July 20, 2007.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.