2014 California Code
Business and Professions Code - BPC
DIVISION 8 - SPECIAL BUSINESS REGULATIONS
CHAPTER 4 - Horse Racing
ARTICLE 9 - Wagering
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the board may do any of the following:
(1) Authorize a licensed harness racing association that is conducting a live racing meeting in this state to accept wagers on the full card of races conducted by another racing association on the day that other association conducts the Breeders’ Crown Stakes, the Meadowlands Pace, the Hambletonian, the Cane Pace, the Kentucky Futurity, or the North American Cup.
(2) Authorize a licensed quarter horse racing association that is conducting a live racing meeting in this state to accept wagers on either of the following:
(A) Races conducted by the racing association that conducts the American Quarter Horse Racing Challenge, if the races are conducted on the same day as the American Quarter Horse Racing Challenge.
(B) The full card of races conducted by another racing association on the day that other association conducts the Texas Classic Futurity and Remington Park Futurity.
(3) Authorize the inclusion of wagers authorized pursuant to this section in the parimutuel pools of the out-of-state association that conducts the races on which the wagers are placed.
(b) The board authorization may be granted under this section only if both of the following conditions are met:
(1) The authorization complies with federal laws, including, but not limited to, Chapter 57 (commencing with Section 3001) of Title 15 of the United States Code.
(2) Wagering is offered only within the racing enclosure and only within seven days of the running of the out-of-state race.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 225, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2012.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.