2014 California Code
Business and Professions Code - BPC
DIVISION 8 - SPECIAL BUSINESS REGULATIONS
CHAPTER 14 - Tax Preparers
(a) The council may discipline a registrant by any, or a combination, of the following methods:
(1) Placing the registration on probation.
(2) Suspending the registration and the rights conferred by this chapter on a registrant for a period not to exceed one year.
(3) Revoking the registration.
(4) Suspending or staying the disciplinary order, or portions of it, with or without conditions.
(5) Taking other action as the council, as authorized by this chapter or its bylaws, rules, or procedures, deems proper.
(b) The council may issue an initial registration on probation, with specific terms and conditions, to any applicant.
(c) If a registration is suspended or revoked, the council shall notify the Franchise Tax Board and the Internal Revenue Service.
(Added by Stats. 2013, Ch. 660, Sec. 7. Effective January 1, 2014. Repealed as of January 1, 2019, pursuant to Section 22259.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.