2013 California Code
Insurance Code - INS
DIVISION 2. CLASSES OF INSURANCE
PART 2. LIFE AND DISABILITY INSURANCE
CHAPTER 5.6. Life Insurance Cost Indexes
(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), this chapter shall apply to any solicitation, negotiation, or procurement of life insurance occurring within this state.
(b) This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Variable life insurance.
(2) Individual and group annuity contracts.
(3) Credit life insurance.
(4) Life insurance policies with no illustrated death benefits on any individual exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(5) Franchise life insurance.
(6) Group term life insurance.
(7) Life insurance policies issued in connection with pension and welfare plans as defined by and subject to the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act (29 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and following), as amended.
(Amended by Stats. 1998, Ch. 379, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 1999.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.