2011 California Code
Fish and Game Code
DIVISION 6. FISH [5500 - 9101]
ARTICLE 3. Sport Fishing Licenses
Section 7155

CA Fish & Game Code § 7155 (through 2012 Leg Sess) What's This?

Notwithstanding any other provision of this code, California Indians who are bona fide registered members of the Yurok Indian Tribe may take fish, for subsistence purposes only, from the Klamath River between the mouth of that river and the junction of Tectah Creek with it, exclusive of tributaries, without regard to seasons, under the following conditions:

(a) Upon application therefor, the department shall issue to any Yurok Indian who is listed on the register of the Yurok Tribal Organization, as furnished to the department, a renewable, nontransferable permit to take fish pursuant to this section for a period of one calendar year. Any Indian of the Yurok tribe while taking fish pursuant to this section shall have upon his person such valid permit, and shall display it upon the request of any duly authorized officer.

(b) Hand dip nets, and hook and line only may be used for taking fish pursuant to this section.

(c) Pursuant to this section not more than three trout or salmon or combination thereof, or more than one sturgeon, may be taken in any one day. There is no bag limit on any other fish.

(d) No Yurok Indian while fishing pursuant to this section may be accompanied by any person who does not possess a valid permit as prescribed by this section. It is unlawful for any person who does not hold such permit to accompany any Yurok Indian who is taking fish pursuant to this section.

(e) The sale of any fish taken under the provisions of this section shall constitute cause for permanent revocation by the commission of the permit held by the person making the sale.

(Enacted by Stats. 1957, Ch. 456.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.