2009 California Education Code - Section 17536-17538 :: Article 10. Exchange Of Property

SECTION 17536-17538

17536.  The governing board of a school district may exchange any of
its real property for real property of another person or private
business firm. Any exchange shall be upon such terms and conditions
as the parties thereto may agree and may be entered into without
complying with any provisions in this code except as provided in this

17537.  Before ordering any exchange of real property the board
shall adopt, by a two-thirds vote of its members, a resolution
declaring its intention to exchange the property. The resolution
shall describe the properties to be exchanged in a manner to identify
them, and the terms and conditions, not including the price, upon
which they will be exchanged.

17538.  The governing board of any school district which has
acquired title to property included within an application which has
been approved by the State Allocation Board for state school building
aid and which property is to be used as an access roadway to the
schoolsite may exchange the property for other property to be used as
an access roadway which abuts a state highway, if in the opinion of
the Division of Highways in the Department of Transportation there is
objection to the first access roadway, and if in the opinion of the
governing board the property acquired by the exchange will afford
more safety to the pupils of the district.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.