2009 California Code of Civil Procedure - Section 1294-1294.2 :: Article 3. Appeals

SECTION 1294-1294.2

1294.  An aggrieved party may appeal from:
   (a) An order dismissing or denying a petition to compel
   (b) An order dismissing a petition to confirm, correct or vacate
an award.
   (c) An order vacating an award unless a rehearing in arbitration
is ordered.
   (d) A judgment entered pursuant to this title.
   (e) A special order after final judgment.

1294.2.  The appeal shall be taken in the same manner as an appeal
from an order or judgment in a civil action. Upon an appeal from any
order or judgment under this title, the court may review the decision
and any intermediate ruling, proceeding, order or decision which
involves the merits or necessarily affects the order or judgment
appealed from, or which substantially affects the rights of a party.
The court may also on such appeal review any order on motion for a
new trial. The respondent on the appeal, or party in whose favor the
judgment or order was given may, without appealing from such
judgment, request the court to and it may review any of the foregoing
matters for the purpose of determining whether or not the appellant
was prejudiced by the error or errors upon which he relies for
reversal or modification of the judgment or order from which the
appeal is taken. The provisions of this section do not authorize the
court to review any decision or order from which an appeal might have
been taken.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.