2005 California Education Code Sections 15370-15374 Article 7. Registration of Bonds

SECTION 15370-15374

15370.  Whenever the owner of any coupon bond or of any bond payable
to bearer presents the bond to the treasurer or other officer of the
county in which the school facilities improvement bonds are issued
is located, who by law performs the duties of treasurer, with a
request for the conversion of the bond into a registered bond, the
treasurer or other officer shall cut off and cancel the coupons of
the coupon bond, and shall stamp, print, or write upon the coupon
bond or other bond payable to the bearer, either upon its back or
upon its face, as may be convenient, a statement to the effect that
the bond is registered in the name of the owner and that thereafter
the interest and principal of the bond are payable to the registered
15371.  After registration, any bond may be transferred by the
registered owner in person, or by attorney duly authorized, on
presentation of the bond to the treasurer or other officer performing
the duties of treasurer.  The bond may be again registered as
before, a similar statement being stamped, printed, or written
15372.  The statement stamped, printed, or written upon the bond may
be substantially in the following form:
         (Date, giving month, day, and year.)
         This bond is registered pursuant to the statute in the
     cases made and provided in the name of (insert name of owner)
     and the interest and principal thereof are hereafter payable
     to the owner.
                                  Treasurer (or other officer)
15373.  After any bond has been registered as provided in this
article, the principal and interest of the bond shall be payable to
the registered owner.
15374.  The treasurer or other officer shall keep in his or her
office a book or books that shall at all times show what bonds are
registered and in whose name respectively.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. California may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.