2020 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 2 - Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing
Chapter 16 - Driver's Licenses Generally
Subchapter 8 - Issuance of Licenses and Permits
§ 27-16-805. Identification purposes only
(1) The Office of Driver Services may issue an identification card to those Arkansas residents five (5) years of age or older who are not licensed drivers.
(2) The fee for the card shall be five dollars ($5.00).
(A) For those persons under sixty (60) years of age, the card shall be valid for either four (4) years or two (2) years, depending on the person's age, and is renewable upon expiration.
(B) For persons fourteen (14) years of age and older, the card shall be valid for four (4) years from the date of issue.
(i) For persons five (5) to thirteen (13) years of age, the card shall be valid for two (2) years from the date of issue, and a parent, legal guardian, grandparent, or sibling over eighteen (18) years of age must accompany the applicant to the issuing location and sign the electronic application.
(a) For persons issued a card under this subdivision (b)(1)(C), up to three (3) cards may be issued at the request of a parent, legal guardian, grandparent, or sibling over eighteen (18) years of age.
(b) The request for more than one (1) card shall be made on the date the initial identification card is issued.
(c) The fee for each card shall be five dollars ($5.00).
(2) Those persons who are sixty (60) years of age or older who qualify for this card shall be issued the card to be valid for the life of the holder.
(c) Each card shall contain:
(1) A color photograph of the applicant;
(2) A physical description;
(3) The birthdate;
(4) The address;
(5) The date of issue; and
(6) The expiration date.
(1) Any person who applies for a card shall be required to show proof of identity.
(2) Refusal of an applicant to show proof shall result in denial of the application.