2020 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, And Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 14 - Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013
§ 16-90-1414. Uniform petition and uniform order to seal records
(1) The Arkansas Crime Information Center shall adopt and provide the following to be used by a petitioner and any circuit court or district court in this state:
(A) A uniform petition to seal records; and
(B) A uniform order to seal records.
(2) An order to seal records covered by this subchapter shall not be effective unless the uniform order is entered.
(A) The uniform petition shall include a statement verified under oath indicating whether the petitioner has felony charges pending in any state or federal court and the status of the pending felony charges as well as whether the person is required to register as a sex offender under the Sex Offender Registration Act of 1997, § 12-12-901 et seq.
(B) The uniform petition also shall include a statement that the information contained in the uniform petition is true and correct to the best of the petitioner's knowledge.
(4) The uniform order shall contain, at a minimum, the following data:
(A) The person's full name, race, gender, and date of birth;
(B) The person's full name at the time of arrest and adjudication of guilt, if applicable, if different from the person's current name;
(C) The offense for which the person was adjudicated guilty and the date of the disposition, if applicable;
(D) The identity of the court;
(E) The provision under this subchapter that provides for sealing of the record, if applicable;
(F) The specific records to be sealed;
(G) The arrest tracking number;
(H) The system identification (SID) number; and
(I) The Federal Bureau of Investigation number, if known.
(1) If a record for the charges of the offense does not exist at the center, a record shall be established before the uniform order becomes effective.
(2) When a record does exist in the center, the petitioner and the original arresting agency shall submit fingerprint cards on the petitioner under § 12-12-1006 and procedures established by the center.