2020 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, And Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 10 - Local Crime Stoppers Programs
§ 16-90-1002. Duties
(a) The Crime Victims Reparations Board shall:
(1) Advise and assist in the creation of local crime stoppers programs;
(2) Foster the detection of crime and encourage persons to report information about criminal acts;
(3) Encourage news and other media to promote local crime stoppers programs and to inform the public of the functions of the board;
(4) Assist local crime stoppers programs in forwarding information about criminal acts to the appropriate law enforcement agencies;
(5) Help law enforcement agencies detect and combat crime by increasing the flow of information to and between law enforcement agencies; and
(6) Adopt necessary rules necessary to carry out its functions under this subchapter.
(b) The office of the Attorney General shall provide the board such office space, support staff, and secretarial services as may be necessary for the administration of this subchapter.