2020 Arkansas Code
Title 11 - Labor and Industrial Relations
Chapter 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 11-9-116. Fund transfer to support Workers' Compensation Fraud Unit of the State Insurance Department
(1) One (1) month before the beginning of any fiscal quarter, the Insurance Commissioner shall provide to the Workers' Compensation Commission the estimated funding need of the Workers' Compensation Fraud Investigation Unit of the State Insurance Department for the ensuing quarter.
(2) Such provided certification shall itemize each position to be utilized in the unit and funded by the commission and make estimates of all other budgetary line items necessary to provide support to the unit.
(3) This certification must deduct unexpended and unencumbered balances of the unit from the previous quarter, so that only the current need, excluding unexpended and unencumbered funds, is certified for fund transfer authorized in this section.
(1) On or before the first day of each fiscal quarter, the commission shall certify to the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State that funds are available for transfer, upon which certification the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State, the Treasurer of State, and the Auditor of State shall transfer those funds from the Workers' Compensation Fund of the commission to the fund account used for the maintenance, operation, and support of the unit.
(2) The sum of the four (4) quarterly transfers in each fiscal year ending June 30 cannot exceed one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000).