2019 Arkansas Code
Title 7 - Elections
Chapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 7-1-113. Vote Centers
(1) The county board of election commissioners may establish one (1) or more vote centers in the county on election day under § 7-5-101.
(2) A vote center shall be available to any qualified elector registered to vote in the county who applies to the county board of election commissioners while the polls are open on election day.
(b) If a vote center is used in an election, the vote center shall have a secure electronic connection to provide voting information to and receive voting information from a computerized registration book maintained by the county clerk.
(c) Before a person is permitted to cast a vote at a vote center, the election official shall:
(1) Request that the voter identify himself or herself by stating his or her name, date of birth, and address in order to verify his or her registration and provide identification as required by law;
(2) Request that the voter provide identification as required by law;
(3) If the voter's name or address is not the same as that in the county voter registration record files, request that the voter complete an updated voter registration application form; and
(A) Request that the voter sign a voting roster or voting request form that identifies his or her name, address, date of birth, and the date on the roster or form.
(B) The voting roster or voting request form shall contain the written or printed precinct number or ballot style of the voter.
(d) If the voter is not listed in the electronic county voter registration files, the election official is unable to verify the voter's registration, and the voter contends that he or she is eligible to vote, the voter shall be directed to his or her polling site for the voter's precinct to cast a ballot.
(e) The county board of election commissioners shall furnish a vote center location that adequately allows the voter to personally and secretly execute his or her vote.
(f) The Secretary of State shall promulgate rules for the vote centers that:
(1) Designate the electronic equipment to be used to verify the registration record of a voter;
(2) Establish standards for the maintenance and use of the equipment used at a vote center;
(3) Establish standards for the testing and backup of the equipment used at a vote center;
(4) Establish standards for a secure electronic connection between a vote center and a county's computerized registration book; and
(5) Establish procedures for the conduct of the vote center in the event that the electronic system fails.