2019 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 2 - Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing
Chapter 16 - Driver's Licenses Generally
Subchapter 12 - Arkansas Voluntary Enhanced Security Driver's License and Identification Card Act
§ 27-16-1207. Issuance Standards - Proof of Physical Address
(a) In addition to the information required under § 27-16-1105, an applicant for a voluntary enhanced security driver's license, voluntary enhanced security commercial driver's license, or voluntary enhanced security identification card under this subchapter must present two (2) of the following documents upon application or renewal that show the name and physical residential address of the applicant:
(1) Utility bill;
(2) Current lease or rental agreement;
(3) Bank statement;
(4) Mortgage statement;
(5) Telephone bill;
(6) Current insurance policy;
(7) State or federal tax return that is less than one (1) year old;
(8) On a formal letterhead, a letter from a bank manager, medical practitioner, accountant, or attorney that states that he or she has known the applicant for three (3) years and that confirms the applicant's physical residential address;
(9) Payslip or salary advice;
(10) Any of the above documents described in subdivisions (a)(1)-(9) of this section that contains the name of the spouse of the applicant, together with a certified copy of the applicant's marriage license or marriage certificate; or
(11) Any other documentation the Secretary of the Department of Finance and Administration determines to be adequate proof of physical address.
(b) The documentation furnished under subdivisions (a)(1)-(11) of this section must be less than six (6) months old unless otherwise specified under subsection (a) of this section.
(c) An Arkansas post office box address is not sufficient proof of physical address for purposes of this section.
(d) The secretary may require additional proof of physical address if the secretary questions the validity or authenticity of the proof of physical address submitted by the applicant.