2019 Arkansas Code
Title 21 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 6 - Fees
Subchapter 4 - Officers of the Court
§ 21-6-416. Court Clerks - Technology Fees - Definition
(1) The court technology fee to be charged by the clerks of the Supreme Court, circuit courts, and district courts of this state shall be as prescribed in this section.
(2) No portion of the court technology fee shall be refunded.
(b) The court technology fee is as follows:
(1) For all civil actions and misdemeanors filed in either the Supreme Court or the Court of Appeals$15.00
(2) For initiating a cause of action in the civil, domestic relations, or probate division of circuit court, including appeals15.00
(3) For initiating a cause of action in the civil or small claims division of district court15.00.
(1) The fee provided under subdivision (b)(1) of this section collected in the Supreme Court or the Court of Appeals shall be remitted by the Clerk of the Supreme Court on or before the fifteenth day of each month to the Administration of Justice Funds Section on a form provided by the Office of Administrative Services of the Department of Finance and Administration for deposit into the Judicial Fine Collection Enhancement Fund established by § 16-13-712.
(2) The fee provided under subdivisions (b)(2) and (3) of this section collected in circuit court or district court shall be remitted by the county or city official, agency, or department designated under § 16-13-709 as primarily responsible for the collection of fines assessed in circuit court or district court on or before the fifteenth day of each month to the section, on a form provided by the office, for deposit into the Judicial Fine Collection Enhancement Fund established by § 16-13-712.
(d) No fee shall be charged or collected by the clerks of the circuit or district courts when the court by order, under Rule 72 of the Arkansas Rules of Civil Procedure, allows an indigent person to prosecute a cause of action in forma pauperis.
(e) Prosecuting attorneys filing actions on behalf of the state, with the exception of child support cases, are exempt from paying fees under this section.
(f) Fees under this section shall not be charged or collected in cases brought in the circuit court under the Arkansas Juvenile Code of 1989, § 9-27-301 et seq., by a governmental entity or nonprofit corporation, including without limitation an attorney ad litem appointed in a dependency-neglect case or the Department of Human Services.
(g) As used in this section, “circuit court clerk” means the circuit clerk and with respect to probate matters any county clerk who serves as ex officio clerk of the probate division of the circuit court.