2019 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health and Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health and Safety
Chapter 19 - Animals
Subchapter 4 - Ownership and Breeding of Wolves and Wolf-Dog Hybrids
§ 20-19-404. Confinement - Care - Inspections
(a) Wolves and wolf-dog hybrids shall be provided adequate confinement and adequate feeding.
(b) Adequate confinement shall include at least:
(1) A brick, concrete, or chain-link enclosure surrounded by two (2) layers of fencing as follows:
(A) For a single animal:
(i) Either an inner chain-link fence a minimum of fifteen feet by eight feet by ten feet (15′ x 8′ x 10′) or an electric fence that prevents climbing over, and either extending two feet (2′) underground or employing some other means that prevents digging under; and
(ii) An outer fence eight feet (8′) high with at least four feet (4′) between the two (2) fences unless the inner fence is an electric fence posted with warning signs and the gate is locked at all times;
(B) For a pair, double the cage length for a single animal; or
(C) For more than two (2) animals, add ten feet (10′) to the single animal length and width for each additional animal;
(2) A secluded den four feet (4′) square for each animal; and
(3) No more than four (4) total of wolves or wolf-dog hybrids, or both, per acre.
(c) Adequate confinement shall not include tethering of a wolf or wolf-dog hybrid not under the direct supervision and control of the owner or custodian.
(1) Adequate feeding shall include daily feedings and provisions of water.
(2) The feed used shall consist of a minimum meat-based protein content of twenty-five percent (25%) and crude fat of fifteen percent (15%), with exceptions for geriatric and overweight animals or under the advice of a licensed veterinarian.
(e) Owners and custodians of wolves and wolf-dog hybrids shall allow inspections by law enforcement personnel at reasonable hours to ensure adequate confinement and adequate feeding.
(f) This section applies only to owners of four (4) or more adult wolf-dog hybrids or wolves, animals one (1) year of age or older.