2019 Arkansas Code
Title 18 - Property
Subtitle 2 - Real Property
Chapter 15 - Eminent Domain
Subchapter 11 - Irrigation Companies
§ 18-15-1105. Right-of-Way and Construction in City and Town

Universal Citation: AR Code § 18-15-1105 (2019)
  • (a) The city council of any city of the first class or city of the second class and the town councils of any incorporated towns shall have power to grant an irrigation corporation the right-of-way through the streets of the city or town, with the right to construct any canal, ditch, drain, conduit, aqueduct, pipeline, dam, bulkhead, water gate, or any other necessary works or improvements in the city or town.

  • (b) However, if any property is damaged thereby, the irrigation corporation shall be liable in damages to the owner of the property, and the damages shall be assessed in the manner provided by law for assessing damages for the appropriation of the right-of-way through lands by railroad companies.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.