2019 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 14 - Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013
§ 16-90-1411. Sealing of Records for a Pardoned Person - Pardons for Youthful Felony Offenders
(1) The Governor shall notify the court upon issuing a pardon, and the court shall issue an order sealing the record of a conviction of the person pardoned.
(2) The record of a conviction relating to the conviction of a person pardoned before July 15, 1991, shall be sealed upon the filing of a copy of the pardon with the court by the person.
(3) This section does not apply to a pardon issued for:
(A) Any offense in which the victim is a person under eighteen (18) years of age;
(B) A sex offense; or
(C) An offense resulting in death or serious physical injury.
(b) A person shall have his or her record of a conviction sealed by the court if the person:
(1) Committed a felony in this state while under sixteen (16) years of age;
(2) Was convicted and given a suspended sentence;
(3) Received a pardon for the conviction; and
(4) Has not been convicted of another criminal offense.
(c) This section does not prevent a person from requesting that his or her criminal record be sealed under § 16-90-1405 or § 16-90-1406.