2018 Arkansas Code
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 28 - Assessment Coordination Department
§ 25-28-101. Creation -- Director -- Organization -- Personnel
(a) There is created the Assessment Coordination Department.
(1) The executive head of the department shall be the Director of the Assessment Coordination Department.
(2) The director shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate, and shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(c) The department shall consist of the divisions which may be necessary to fulfill its purposes and which may be created by law and placed under the department.
(1) The director shall appoint the heads of the respective divisions.
(2) All personnel of the department shall be employed by and shall serve at the pleasure of the director.
(3) However, nothing in this section shall be so construed as to reduce any right which an employee of the department shall have under any civil service or merit system.
(1) Each division of the department shall be under the direction, control, and supervision of the director.
(2) The director may delegate his or her functions, powers, and duties to the various divisions of the department as he or she shall deem desirable and necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the department.