2018 Arkansas Code
Title 21 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 6 - Fees
Subchapter 3 - County Officers
§ 21-6-305. Collector of revenue
(a) The collector of revenue shall be allowed commissions for collecting the revenue and for certifying the amount of real property tax reduction to the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State pursuant to § 26-26-310, as follows:
(1) For the first ten thousand dollars ($10,000) collected, five percent (5%) in kind;
(2) For all sums over ten thousand dollars ($10,000) and under twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) collected, four and one-half percent (4.5%) in kind;
(3) For all sums over twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) collected, four percent (4%) in kind; and
(4) For the amount of real property tax reduction certified to the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State, four percent (4%) in kind.
(b) All commissions allowed to the collector by this section or any other law shall be paid into the county treasury as general revenues.
(1) Commissions received by the county collector shall be used by the county collector to offset administrative costs.
(2) (A) The county collector may set aside up to ten percent (10%) of the gross commissions collected annually to be credited to the county collector's automation fund:
(i) To operate the office of the county collector;
(ii) For administrative costs; and
(iii) To purchase, maintain, and operate an automated record-keeping system.
(B) The acquisition and update of software for the automated accounting and record-keeping system shall be a permitted use of these funds.
(3) Moneys deposited into this fund may accumulate and shall be appropriated and expended for the uses designated in this section by the quorum court at the direction of the county collector.
(d) All moneys not used by the county collector to offset administrative costs or set aside into the county collector's automation fund shall be prorated to the appropriate taxing entities.