2018 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 2 - Law Enforcement Agencies and Programs
Chapter 14 - State Capitol Police
§ 12-14-101. Establishment -- Powers
(a) In such a manner as will most effectually secure the citizens and their property in and around the State Capitol, the Secretary of State may:
(1) Establish the State Capitol Police;
(2) Organize the State Capitol Police;
(3) Prescribe the State Capitol Police's duties; and
(4) Define the State Capitol Police's powers.
(1) The Secretary of State may designate and appoint one (1) or more of his or her employees as State Capitol Police, who shall be peace officers under the laws of the state and shall have and possess all the powers provided by the law for Arkansas State Police, city police, and county sheriffs to be exercised as required for the protection of the State Capitol grounds, together with such other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary of State.
(2) An officer of the State Capitol Police may act in his or her official capacity and exercise his or her powers anywhere within the boundaries of the State of Arkansas.
(c) None of the present jurisdiction or powers of the Department of Arkansas State Police, county police, or city police shall be ceded to the State Capitol Police over the land or property which constitutes the State Capitol grounds or within the boundaries of the State of Arkansas.