2017 Arkansas Code
Title 8 - Environmental Law
Chapter 11 - Environmental Regulatory Flexibility
§ 8-11-102. Purpose
- (a) The improvement of the environment of the State of Arkansas is a matter of concern to all citizens of this state, and existing environmental law plays a critical role in protecting the environment.
- (b) Environmental protection could be enhanced by authorizing innovative advances in environmental regulatory methods.
- (c) Arkansas should develop environmental regulatory methods that:
- (1) Encourage facility owners and operators to assess the pollution they emit or cause, directly and indirectly, to the air, water, and land;
- (2) Encourage facility owners and operators to innovate, set measurable and verifiable goals, and implement the most effective pollution prevention, source reduction, or other pollution reduction strategies for their particular facilities while complying with verifiable and enforceable pollution limits;
- (3) Reward facility owners and operators that reduce pollution to levels below those required by applicable law; and
- (4) Reduce the time and money spent by agencies and facility owners and operators on paperwork and other administrative tasks that do not benefit the environment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.