2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 3 - Special Educational Programs
Chapter 48 - Alternative Learning Environments
§ 6-48-103. Assessment and intervention services
- (a) An alternative learning environment shall:
- (1) Assess a student either before or upon entry into the alternative learning environment; and
- (2) Provide intervention services designed to address a student's specific educational needs.
- (1) A student assigned to an alternative learning environment for behavioral reasons shall receive intervention services designed to address the student's behavioral needs.
- (2) The intervention services shall not be punitive in nature but shall be designed for long-term improvement of the student's ability to control his or her behavior.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.