2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 21 - School Property and Supplies
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-21-116. Tornado shelter construction
- (a) All building plans for new public school facilities may include a tornado shelter or a designated reinforced area designed to withstand tornadoes and high-speed winds.
- (1) School districts shall be required to generate funds to meet the requirements of subsection (a) of this section.
- (2) School districts may apply for grant funds to assist in the construction of a tornado shelter or a designated reinforced area in new public school facilities.
- (3) In calculating the amount of state financial participation in a facilities project that includes a tornado shelter or designated reinforced area, the Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation shall deduct from the project cost the total amount of grant funds received by the school district for the shelter or area.
- (c) Facilities constructed under this section will be subject to review under § 6-20-1407.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.