2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 21 - School Property and Supplies
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-21-107. Official computer use policy
- (1) The board of directors of each school district in this state shall develop and adopt a written policy concerning student and staff use of computers owned by the school district.
- (2) The written policy shall state that a system to prevent computer users from accessing material harmful to minors shall be established and maintained for all public access computers in the school district. The policy shall be implemented by August 1, 2001.
- (b) The written policy shall include provisions for administration of punishment of students for violations of the policy with stiffer penalties for repeat offenders, and the same shall be incorporated into the school district's written student discipline policy.
- (c) Students shall sign a computer-use agreement form outlining proper and improper use of public access computers prior to being allowed to access the computer equipment.
- (d) For purposes of this section:
- (1) "Harmful to minors" has the same meaning as prescribed in § 5-68-501; and
- (2) "Public access computer" means a computer that:
- (A) Is located in a public school or public library;
- (B) Is accessible by a minor; and
- (C) Is connected to any computer communication system such as, but not limited to, what is commonly known as the Internet.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.