2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 18 - Students
Subchapter 5 - Discipline
§ 6-18-506. School Dismissal Act
- (a) This section may be cited as the "School Dismissal Act".
- (b) Every school district board of directors shall adopt and file with the Department of Education written policies concerning the violation of school standards such as disrespect for teachers and classified school employees, vandalism, and other undesirable behavioral patterns.
- (c) Every school district board of directors in this state shall hold its pupils strictly accountable for any disorderly conduct in school, on the school grounds, in a school bus, or at any school function.
- (d) Each school district board of directors shall adopt written rules and regulations delineating its disciplinary policies.
- (e) The policy may be revised at any time by filing an updated policy with the department.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.