2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 18 - Students
Subchapter 12 - Arkansas Student Publications Act
§ 6-18-1204. Prohibited publications
- Student publications policies shall recognize that truth, fairness, accuracy, and responsibility are essential to the practice of journalism, and that the following types of publications by students are not authorized:
- (1) Publications that are obscene as to minors, as defined by state law;
- (2) Publications that are libelous or slanderous, as defined by state law;
- (3) Publications that constitute an unwarranted invasion of privacy, as defined by state law; or
- (4) Publications that so incite students as to create:
- (A) A clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises;
- (B) The violation of lawful school regulations; or
- (C) The material and substantial disruption of the orderly operation of the school.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.