2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 17 - Personnel
Subchapter 15 - The Teacher Fair Dismissal Act
§ 6-17-1503. Construction
- (a) The General Assembly finds:
- (1) That the current standard, which requires cause that is not arbitrary, capricious, or discriminatory for the nonrenewal, termination, or suspension of a teacher, should be raised to a standard of just and reasonable cause; and
- (2) That the current standard for compliance with this subchapter and a school district's personnel policies of strict compliance should be lowered to substantial compliance.
- (b) This subchapter is not a teacher tenure law in that it does not confer lifetime appointment of teachers.
- (c) A nonrenewal, termination, suspension, or other disciplinary action by a school district shall be void unless the school district substantially complies with all provisions of this subchapter and the school district's applicable personnel policies.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.