There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 17 - Personnel
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-17-116. The Arkansas School Children Protection Act
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-17-116 (2017)
- (a) This section shall be known and may be cited as "The Arkansas School Children Protection Act".
- (b) For purposes of this section:
- (1) "Conviction" means having pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to or having been found guilty of committing a sexual offense against a minor or student; and
- (2) A "sexual offense" is one described in § 5-14-101 et seq.
- (1) Any public school district employee who commits a sexual offense against a minor shall upon conviction be dismissed from employment and shall not thereafter be eligible for employment by any school in this state.
- (2) Any public school teacher who commits a sexual offense under § 5-14-125(a)(6) shall upon conviction be dismissed from employment and shall not thereafter be eligible for employment by any school in this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.